9/25/14

Razor Shot IX-4

Introducing: the Razor Shot IX-4, my Sharp Shot mod, the easiest mod I've ever done!

More after the big drop.
The Sharp Shot is a Dart Tag single-shot pistol, and is in need of a good steampunk paint-job.


This mod was so easy, I could use unconventional gear to do it.

First, I separated the air restrictor assembly from the plunger with a spring-assist knife.



Then, I pushed the air restrictor assembly out with a pencil.


The result of that was this:



Next, I applied hot glue to seal up the little pressure-release hole.

After that, I applied teflon tape to the seal.


Next, I took the firing spring out from my Firefly REV-8, and tried to just slip it in instead of the Sharp Shot's main-spring, but the spring was too narrow.

 So, I cut away at the "+"-shaped thingy at the back of the plunger-assembly with the same knife I used for step 1.


The spring fit very tightly, and when I tried inserting coins, things kept exploding out of the shell.
I then put the whole thing back together, which was quite a challenge.

When I looked for darts to use to test it, all I could find were old suction-cup Micro darts.


When I test-fired it, I got flat ranges of ~30' flat, with enough energy leftover to stick to the door I was shooting at.


Near the bottom of this post is a video mod review I made.


Maniacal Coyote
Nothin' Foam
nothingfoam.blogspot.com


P.S. After I finished modding my blaster and compiling the video, I searched Youtube, and Lord Draconical used a Dremel, and I think the ~40' ranges he got were with Elite Darts.  I wonder what sort of ranges I'll get with Elite Darts?  Stefans?  And why did he not try the simple approach of using a knife and pencil?

No comments:

Post a Comment