2/18/15

The Anatomy of the Modulus ECS-10

This is Freexin' Awesome!Hasbro has released a clear side-shot of the Modulus ECS-10, and I have just finished analyzing and dissecting it. I immediately recognized similarities to another blaster that I dissected the picture of, and later acquired and [reviewed]. More after the big drop.

I have only had this blog up for a little over a year, but I've looked online for upcoming Nerf for much longer. Two years ago, when the Rapidstrike was the biggest leak out there, I snagged a copy of the picture and dissected it.
Here it is, straight out of the WayBack machine:


I wasn't as experienced with Nerf as I am now, so I only analyzed the outside. This time, I'm gonna make guesses about the internals too.

First off, let me show you the side-shot picture of the Modulus from Hasbro.

Now we know what the Modulus core looks like, let's dissect this beast.
First off, we see four rails, with a fifth presumably on the other side. Does this layout look familiar to you?
Next, look at the front. Right above and behind the barrel-attachment point is a folding front sight, which is slightly useless due to the fact that there is no rear sight on the same horizontal. What does this muzzle, front-sight, and support-rod combination look like? If you said "the front part of the Rapidstrike", you've got the same thoughts running through your head as me.

What is the topmost rail of the Modulus, which I've arbitrarily titled "Rail 1", mounted on? A carrying handle! Do I really need to say what this is similar to?
Since it's a flywheel mag-fed blaster with the magazine in front, there's only one layout for the important controls, one that has appeared on all flywheel mag-fed blasters with the magazines in front. That similarity is unimportant.

This blaster uses the Demolisher 10-dart banana mag, which might say to some people "Not full-auto", but that's simply because they don't think like Hascorp. Hascorp put a 10-shot banana mag in so they can sell the Flip Clip Kit with its 24 darts.

The biggest reason that people don't think that this will be full-auto is the lack of room for a large battery tray for C-Cell batteries. Take a look at the charcoal-grey grip between the mag and Rail 5; there's enough room in there for the necessary batteries, in either a Rapidstrike-style configuration or a sideways configuration like I've drawn.

The second-biggest objection is the apparant lack of room for an automatic dart pusher. Two years ago, people never thought that Hascorp could make an automatic dart pusher, let alone fit it into a rifle-sized platform.

I really think that this is going to be a Rapidstrike with a detachable stock and a Longshot-style magazine-holder in the stock. If you have any questions, or want to spark a conversation and make your point of why this is going to be semi-auto, go right ahead and write in the "Discussion" section below.












Maniacal Coyote
Nothin' Foam
nothingfoam.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment