4/28/15

Concept - Langley Overholt AS-16

Guys, I am working on this homemade that will do what many strive for but few attain: a semi-auto air-powered blaster. Since this is a homemade, this'll be using a hopper.
Since this is a concept thread, I'm posting it on my own turf, which should hopefully prevent certain individuals who have the authority to order a banhammer-strike on me.
I'm naming it in honour of the owner of Nerf Haven, "Langley",(and also after the CIA's hq).

Explanation of my idea after the big drop.
My plan would be an improvement upon 3DBBQ's seminal JSPB Mad Ghost design, hopefully a drastic improvement (apart from style, since the Mk I is going to be butt-ugly.)
 
Like this /|\, but with elements of this \|/.

First off, I would have two separate tanks in the blaster; one to hold air for the shot that is chambered, and the other to hold the reservoir. Instead of having a regular pipe between the two tanks, I'll be using a pressure regulator. (This)
This would slow the air-pressure down to 30 psi or so, allowing me to have a large tank with high pressure air for my next few shots, and be able to lend this out to anybody without worrying that some idiot will hurt people with it. (As much; idiots are idiots)

With luck, I'll be able to make this design utilize a detachable stock and snap-on accessories. Since I'll probably be using 3/4" PVC saddle-tees, my accessories might be compatible with the Plusbow and Rainbow.
Stay tuned for further updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment