6/26/17

[MOD] BoomCo Halo UNSC M6D Personal Defense Weapon

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted anything here; nerf blogging seems to be as dead as the Marleys. Anyway, I just got myself a new blaster, the Halo Magnum by BoomCo, and I've modded it. More after the big drop.




Technically, this is the M6H Personal Defense Weapon, due to it being used as a skin in Halo 5, but almost all instances of the M6 series look the same.

Out of the box, this thing is nice, apart from the trigger lock. That's right, there's a trigger lock in this, like the Stryfe's "dart tooth". Unlike said lock, there are no problems with false negatives.

Disassembly is slightly annoying, and I needed both hands to work it, so no photos right now. Maybe later, if I remember (and have time). I used a hammer and three separate screwdrivers: one Phillips and two flat-heads.

Like the JT Splatmaster Z100, and the Nerf Sharpfire, this blaster uses a sear catch, rather than the gate catches we're used to, which means it can handle a much stronger springload. Like K26.


Using the highly scientific method of shooting this down my hall at my backdoor, I've found that this machine shoots lasers. Seriously, I'm nailing a head-sized stain on the window shade on the door almost every shot.

Granted, this is with BoomCo straws, which are notoriously accurate. However, it feels good to be modding again!

No comments:

Post a Comment