12/4/14

One Hundred

I was messing around yesterday with my Razor Shot, and I discovered something uber-crazy.

More after the big drop.
I was shooting my Razor Shot in my test range (30 ft), and I noticed that the Elite darts dropped, at most, 3 ft. I pulled out my calculator to figure out what sort of velocities I was getting from a modded reverse-plunger, 3.5-year old pistol. (Originally the Sharp Shot)
The results were so surprising that I ran the maths over and over again.
(Warning courtesy of SBNC)









Anyway, first I calculated the time. (Using the formula: {drop = (gravity)(time^2)}
time^2 = drop/gravity
T^2 = 3 ft / (32 ft / (sec^2))
T^2 = 0.09375 sec^2
T = 0.30618621784 sec

Next, I calculated the velocity. (Using the formula: {horizontal distance = (velocity)(time)
velocity = distance / time
V = 30 ft / 0.30618621784 sec
V = 97.9795897113 ft/sec
Since I was using rough measurements with 1 significant figure, I rounded my results to 1 significant figure. My end results?

My modded blaster yield roughly 100 fps, effective. This isn't muzzle-velocity, this is actual velocity.


Lord Drac, SBNC, Bazookafied, consider yourselves challenged.












Maniacal Coyote
Nothin' Foam
nothingfoam.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment